We are so excited to announce our third class of One Earth Writing Ambassadors.
This is a new group of teenagers who want to be leaders, like to write, enjoy making friends from different backgrounds, and wish to build the skills needed to make a difference in their communities.
The newest class was handpicked from more than 20 hopefuls who applied between October 2017 and January 2018. To be picked – teens had to submit a one-page letter explaining why they are interested in becoming a One Earth Writing Ambassador, why they will be a unique and interesting fit for this diverse group of student writers, and what they hope to do with the leadership and writing skills gained through the Ambassador program, as well as, a writing sample of their choosing.
Commencing on February 6th, our new class of Ambassadors convened for the first time at Madonna University.
The teens are from the following schools:
- Michael Davis, III, 9th grade, Warren Mott High School, Warren resident
- Elyce Debro, 10th grade, Lamphere High School, Madison Heights resident
- Mallory Dennis, 7th grade, Franklin Middle School, Wayne residents
- Maheen Haq, 10th grade, Detroit Country Day School, Bloomfield Hills resident
- Rithik Hosalli, 11th grade, International Academy East, Troy resident
- Vedika Iyer, 7th grade, West Middle School, Rochester Hills resident
- Vaishnavi Katta, 10th grade, International Academy East, Livonia resident
- Conner Klemer, 10th grade, Bloomfield Hills High School, Bloomfield Hills resident
- Ava McElmeel, 10th grade, Mercy High School, West Bloomfield resident
- Hannah McKeen, 12th grade, Huron High School, Flat Rock resident
- Krisha Ramani, 7th grade, Novi Middle School, Novi resident
- Rawan Rizk, 8th grade, McCollough Unis, Dearborn resident
- Lina Tate, 12th grade, University Liggett School, Detroit resident
- Love Tsai, 11th grade, homeschooled, West Bloomfield resident
- Allison VanDerAue, 11th grade, North Farmington High School, Farmington Hills resident
The Ambassador program is led by CEO Lynne Golodner and writing instructor Christina Weaver, who is also an Eastern Michigan University professor. The Winter 2018 Ambassador program is supported by a generous grant from First Foundation, First Presbyterian Church Birmingham in addition to in-kind donations from Cebella’s Pizza, Shawarma Palace Mediterranean Grills, Cottage Inn Livonia, and Beirut Bakery.